Thursday, December 22, 2011

Giving

So I guess we have not done a very good job of explaining the real meaning of Christmas to our boys. I mean we really have been trying but I guess something has been lost in translation.
The other night Gary's brother came up and drop some presents off for the boys. Preston and I were talking and I told him that Uncle Paul was going to stop by. Preston said "Maybe he will bring us some presents." I said " I don't know, maybe he will." and Preston looked and me and said "Well isn't that the real meaning of Christmas to give presents." I had a good little laugh but tried to explain that he was the one getting the presents not giving them and maybe he needed to think of something that he could give to someone else. Too funny though how little kids take one thing that you tell them and completely turn it around.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

that is funny but normal I think with small kids!

I had to laugh at the image of Santa standing out in sagebrush...lol! Looks like a fun journey though. We'd love to have you guys for Christmas some time but totally understand the hassle it is traveling with kids at Christmas. We told everyone once the boys turned two we'd be staying put for Christmas but anyone that wanted to join us was welcome... :)

Susanna said...

I try really hard to teach my kids the same, but every year their list gets longer and longer. I told Kennady once that she had asked for too many expensive presents, but she reminded me that 'Santa makes it in his workshop for free, so the price doesn't matter'. Oh well, at least we try.