Friday, June 12, 2009

Potty Trained!!!


Well I finally did it. I originally posted clear back in March that I was going to start potty training the boys. Well I ended up putting it off (like I do most things). Our garage was smelling so bad though so a few weeks ago I decided I would just do it. Thanks to Annie and Susanna for the 3 day training method. It worked amazingly. Let me tell you though the first couple of days were brutal. I did not think it was going to work and was about to give up. But I persevered and it worked. So far we have not used a single Pull UP, that might change if we ever take a long trip in the car. Preston is doing the best out of the two but Boston does pretty good himself. Every now and then if I am not paying attention Boston will not tell me that he needs to go and will go in his pants. Preston however makes such a big deal about it. He runs out from wherever he is and yells "Gotta go pee pee." I have had a lot of people that are surprised that I did it so early for boys, and I am actually quite surprised with myself, but I am so glad that it is done. No more smelly diapers. Hooray!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

WooHoo! Way to go Kelly! I bet it was brutal, especially with 2!!! How nice to have it over with though! We just got back from a Utah trip and we had 2 pit stops on the side of the road, Shane would say, "I need go potty, I need pee pee on ground" Haha. The second time we were sitting in traffic so I tried to get him to pee in a bottle, he was intriged at first, but as soon as I put his little wee-wee in the bottle he changed his mind:) It gets easier, especailly when they don't need to tell you about 'potty time' anymore and they just do it on their own. So nice.. Congrats!

Kristi Holt said...

So, I need some potty advice. I think we are ready just nervous to get started! You are amazing to have that under your belt! What a good mommy!