Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Yesterday Boston and Preston had their first day of preschool. I can not believe how big they are getting. We have been talking about preschool with them since June when I signed them up. Every time I would ask them if they were excited to go they would say yes but would ask if I would come with them. When I would tell them I wouldn't be coming then they would say they didn't want to go. Well we just kept talking about it and the more we did the more excited they got for it. Yesterday as they were getting ready they were both so excited and happy to go. Well we got their and Preston did so good. He walked right in and hung up his back pack and acted like he had been doing this for a long time. The boys have been watching a lot of Calliou lately and their was one where his preschool went for a field trip to pick apples. So Preston went right up to his teacher and asked "Are we going for a nature walk to pick apples." I think she was a little confused by what he wanted but said not today. Boston however shied up as soon as we walked in. He hid behind my legs and was hanging on for dear life. The teacher tried to take him and he started to cry but I just walked out knowing he would be fine. When I came back to get them two hours later and they were both nothing but smiles. They had so much fun and can not wait to go back. I was so proud of them for staying. I knew they would enjoy it but sometimes they take a little time to warm up. I was so surprised by how well Preston did when he just walked in. I was also so surprised with myself, no crying. It was close when I had to walk away listening to Boston cry, but I didn't do it. Gary asked me what I did with my free time. I said I watched a little TV, washed some dishes and did some laundry, my usual morning routine. But it was so nice to be able to do a few things without be interrupted. Usually I have two boys asking me for drinks and snacks (like 10,000 times in an hour), needing help with something, having to break up fights. It was a little weird though to have the peace and quiet. But something I will definitely enjoy. Here are some pictures of my handsome boys all ready for school. Don't they look so grown up all of a sudden?

Here is Boston at school.

Here is Preston at school. I don't know what it up with the creepy smile but it was the only picture I got of him alone.

4 comments:

Susanna said...

That looks like a really excited smile :) How fun for the boys and nice for you! Shane and Kennady start next week and I can't wait.

foreveryoung said...

Sniff sniff. The little babies are getting all grown up. I look at your blog all the time to stay updated.

Everyone is pregnant now. Brean, Emily, Whitney, Kristi, Not I.

Miss you a whole bunch.

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Oh fun. I'm glad they liked it and that you get free time! So great.

Laurie said...

Isn't amazing how fast thouse couple hours go by though too!? Glad it worked out in the end for Boston. Sage LOVES preschool. She already has a crush on some boy named Taylor...not so good!!! Also, love Preston's smile...that is hilarious!!!