Monday, October 10, 2011

Birthday Boys!!

October 6, 2011
So today was Boston and Preston's birthday. They turned the BIG 5 years old today. I seriously can't believe my babies are 5 years old. Where does the time go? I wanted to post these pictures about their big day and hopefully sometime soon I can get a little post done about each of them at this time in their life. I just have to say that we love these little guys so much and can not imagine our lives without them. They are the best little boys parents could as for.
Boston and Preston we love you so much. Happy Birthday!!!

We started out by opening a couple of cards with money in them. What's a birthday anyway without a little cash?
Preston with his money.

Boston with his money.

When Gary came home for lunch that day we opened presents. The boys couldn't wait any longer.


They got a Razor Scooter.

And then this was their main request. They have been asking for this for months.
A GIANTS T-shirt. This is their favorite baseball team. They had also wanted a hat which we did get for them later with some of their b-day money.

Later that afternoon we had a little party for them and they invited a few of their friends. I am so mad at myself though I didn't really take any pictures during the party. They choose their theme to be batman. We played pin the bat logo on the batman and then a came called Mr. Freeze, we played a song for the kids to dance to and when the music stop they had to freeze. I think they all really enjoyed that one and they all had some really good dance moves to show off.
This year I decided not to buy a cake from the store. I thought I could do one good enough. But I really don't know what I was thinking. I suck at decorating cakes. Even just frosting them is bad with me. But I tried and I am glad I did because they ended up not wanting any of the cake and just enjoyed the batman cookies that we had made. They didn't turn out quite as good as I thought they would but you get the picture of what I was kind of going for.
Here is Boston with his b-day cake.

Preston with his cake

Here is the table set up with the treats, the cake and the batman sugar cookies.

Boston and Preston with all their goodies.

Then this was the only picture I got. This was after all the other kids had left and then I thought to get out the camera.
This is Boston and Preston with their good buddy Nash who was in their class last year. They were so bummed that he decided to do afternoon this year so he is not in their class again. They are all too cute together though. While Nash was still eating his snacks Preston came in and Nash was talking to him and said "I sure missed you guys" too sweet. I will definitely have to do better at having him over to play.

And even though he is a big 5 year old he wanted a picture with his favorite animal.

My mom and dad came up on the weekend to help them celebrate their birthday. They got to go golfing with Gary and my dad and be spoiled by grandma and grandpa. On Sunday the boys looked so handsome together. They had on almost matching ties. So we had to get a picture of them together.

4 comments:

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Wow, has it really been 5 years? Happy birthday boys!

Susanna said...

Nice job on the cakes! Much better than I could ever pull off, lucky for me I have a few cake decorators on call in Jaren's family :-) Happy Birthday B & P!!

Laurie said...

so cute!!! We had the pin the batman logo on batman game too. In fact I think we still have it!!! Love the cookies and the cakes are darling too. Those sugar crystals can be tough to work with. I'm telling you cupcakes are the way to go...and cookies! What a fun time and boy are those some handsome boys!!!

The Kolste Family said...

I think your cakes turned out cute! Your boys are so cute! It was fun reading all of your new posts and catching up on your family!