Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The County Fair






























So this last weekend we took Boston and Preston to the Clark County Fair in Logandale. My friend Annie invited us and I thought it would be a fun thing to do for the weekend. Well we got there Saturday morning around 11:00 a.m. The first thing we stopped to look at was this cowboy show that was in a big circus tent. For some reason Preston freaked out and was screaming. So we left that. We then headed to the rides. We thought for sure they would love these. Well we thought wrong. I think Boston would have loved the rides but he had Preston screaming in his ear and trying to jump off the whole time. They finally had to stop it because Preston was trying
to get out. So we got them off and decided to let Boston try one on his own. He didn't do too bad but he did cry for the majority of it. We then met up with Annie and went to a little kid are where they had some little trikes and a sand box. The boys did warm up to this and started to have some fun. Then we went and looked at the animals. They had all kinds of animals: chickens, roosters, sheep, cows, pigs. Boston and Preston loved the animals. But by about 2:00 they had
had enough so we left. It was a very unproductive trip to the fair. So much for trying to do something fun for them. We will have to stick to our usual boring routine, hopefully in a
year or two they will see how much fun it really is and what they are missing out on.

Look at Boston and Preston's faces and you can just see how much fun they were having.

5 comments:

tiffunny said...

We usually go to that each year - but it's usually me by myself with all the kids. I didn't feel like dealing with 4 of them by myself this year, so we didn't go. But I'm hoping to go next year when Mally will be older to enjoy stuff more. Sorry it wasn't a fun experience for you guys. It can only get better for future years right? I'm always so discouraged when I try to plan fun things for my kids and then they either don't like it or don't behave well or whatever. But I guess that's the fun things about kids - you never know how they're going to react. I remember being so excited to take my girls to the circus about 2 years ago. Morganne was like 4 or 5 so I thought she'd love it. She was so BORED through the whole thing and kept asking to leave. I was shocked! Who can be bored at the circus. She did better last year, but it taught me that I'm not taking my younger kids to the circus until they're older!!

carrie said...

Hey Kelly! I came across your blog on suz's and I am so excited. I love the whole Delta connection thing. So your Twins are sooo Cute. My Mom said she saw you at Quality a while back and told me you had cute twin boys. Congrats! Are you going to the Reunion? I think they are having it sometime in July. I haven't decided yet? we will have to keep in touch!

Laurie said...

ok those photos crack me up. Been there many times where you plan this great adventure only to have it turn out not quite the way you expected. Unfortunately, it still happens even as they get older.
Those Easter pictures of the boys are so dang cute. I love them. Gary did an amazing job on that sand box. Cool!!!

Susanna said...

Hey! That is exactly how I am with the weather now, I'm a big sissy when it comes to cold weather. My sister-in-law actually created my blog paper for me. She was trying to teach me, but I was lost the whole time. If you're ever in the mood and you want to try it (make sure you have a lot of time on your hands) go to Shara's blog and click on the 'blogging for dummies' link on her page. I guess it's fun once you get the hang of it, because you can create our own, but you have to learn a bunch of html mumbo jumbo first. Keep posting pics I love to see your cute little boys:)

Kaymee said...

cute pics!! I love how they keep their hats on !!!!