Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I am a little late as usual with this post. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We were able to go to Provo and spend the weekend with Gary's family. Everyone was there except Gary's sister and her family. We missed you guys so much, wish you could have been there. We spent the whole weekend just relaxing and hanging out with the family. I am so Thankful for such wonderful in-laws. They are all so kind to me and have welcomed me into their family like one of their own. I am so lucky to have them as family. I know so many people that don't have good in-laws so I feel so blessed. I am so thankful this year for so many things. I am Thankful for Boston and Preston. They can drive me insane but I love them so much and know how blessed we are to have them in our lives. I am so thankful for Gary. He is such a wonderful husband and father. He works so hard to give our family what we need and allows me to stay home to take care of our children. I am thankful for my family. I am so lucky to have been raised by great parents that raised me in the gospel and give me unconditional love and support. I am thankful for my sisters and brother and their families. I don't know where we would be without our wonderful families. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. The teachings that we learn have helped me through so many things and I am so blessed to have those teachings in my life. I have so many more things that I could list but I don't want to go on and on.
Here are some pictures from our fun weekend.
Boston and cousin Teagan giving each other a hug.

Boston

Preston and Grandma

We went to the Salt Lake Temple to see all the Christmas lights at Temple Square. They were so pretty and the boys loved looking at all the lights. They also loved seeing the temple. They would look up at it and point and say temple.


This is a picture of the reflection pond. They had a manger scene in the middle and then on the sides up a little higher you can kind of see the sheperds and there were different animals there.

Gary's brother Steve in front of the temple.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I would also like to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season. I am so excited. I just started pulling out my Christmas stuff today. I am so excited to get the house decorated. I just bought a Christmas Tree online yesterday so I am hoping that it gets here soon so we can get it up and decorated. Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Susanna said...

Cute pictures, I love Temple Square! That picture of your family with the all the lights is a keeper:) So cute! Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving too, have fun Christmas decorating!

Winters Family said...

hey kel:

Way cute pics. Temple square looks fun!! We wish we could have seen ya during the thanksgiving holiday. Miss you guys and look forward to seeing ya during Christmas.

ERin

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Hey Kelly,
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. We're coming down for one day on Christmas to see my family. Since we spent Thanksgiving with my family I decided it's Tom's turn.

I think my mom or Kay and Shery will do a shower for me (probably my mom) but I don't know when. I'll for sure let you know. It's funny though. As much as I like being the center of attention, I'm not a huge fan of showers for me. It's awkward.

See you soon (hopefully)!

tiffunny said...

So jealous you got to go to Temple Square. When we lived up there, I loved doing that. Glad you had a great holiday!

Laurie said...

We missed you guys too! Jack said we should have just rerouted our tickets back from Florida and stopped in Utah but I hadn't even thought of that but the kids would have missed so much school. Great photos! We feel lucky to have you in our family too! :)