Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Must See Movie....

So tonight Gary and I had the rare oppurtunity of watching a movie together after the boys were put to bed. Usually we are both too tired to try to watch a movie but we were lucky enough to get a nap in today so we were able to stay up. We watched the movie FIREPROOF. Now don't say I didn't warn you but it was super CHEESY. But totally worth it. You don't find too many movies these days that have a good story and good morals to it. But this one did. It was a great lesson for life, love and taught about faith and love for God and Jesus Christ. At the end of the movie it gave a scripture in Romans 5:8. I got out the bible and looked it up. This one did not make all that much sense to me but at the bottom in the foot notes there was another scripture Mosiah 4:11 which I thought was a really great scripture. So after you have seen the movie, read that scripture as well. It actually really goes along with what they are teaching in the movie even though it is not an LDS movie.
Also for the ladies it has Kurt Cameron. He still looks just as good as he did back in the 80's and 90's on Growing Pains.
Hope you can take the time to watch this movie and you enjoy it as well. I would love to hear back from you if you see it and to know what you think.

3 comments:

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

I haven't seen it but my realtor was telling us about it and also said it is a must-see. We'll Redbox it if it's there.

tiffunny said...

My mom borrowed it to us a few weeks ago and i still haven't watched it. Her & my sister both warned of the "cheesy" factor but said it was such a great movie - almost word for word what you said. So i'll have to make time for it this week so I can leave you a comment with what I thought about it. And don't you find it amazing that Kirk Cameron never seems to age???

Kara said...

Hey kell
When mom and dad were here for my birthday we watched that and it was cheesy like you said but good too. I totally agree with you