Thursday, June 21, 2012

Preschool Graduation

So Boston and Preston graduated from Preschool this year. They have gone to Peak-A-Boo Preschool for the last two years. They have had so much fun there and did not want to leave. They kept telling me that they did not want to go to kindergarten they just want to go back to preschool. I wish I could help them with that but I can't. This year they had Miss Kim and Miss Michelle. They were such fun teachers. Towards the end of the school year I had this conversation with Preston after picking him up from school. Me: "Did you guys have a good day at school?" Both Preston and Boston "Yes" then Preston says to me "But I did have one bad thing" Me "What was that?" Preston "I had to come home", well that was kind of a blow for me as the mom who they did not want to come home to, but I am sure glad that they had such a good year in preschool. I feel so bad, because I did not take any pictures of the boys with their teachers. But here are a few from graduation. Sorry for the bad pictures. There was such horrible lighting there and my camera would not work very good. At the graduation they had each of the kids stand up and they said a little something about them from the year and gave them an award. Boston and Preston went up together and they got the "Farmer Award". The reason for this was because they had grown so much from the first of the year in so many ways. They had grown a lot in their learning, their social skills, they went from me having to just push them in the door crying for me not to leave to walking in confidently and excited to learn. They had also grown out of their fears of somethings. They have an adventure land at the school which is basically like a McDonald's Playland. The first few months when they would go there they would not do much. They were too scarred to go down the big slide and to do many things. But by the end of the year I think they had both overcome those fears and went down the slides and really enjoyed playing there. Gary and I are so proud of them and we know that they will enjoy kindergarten so much.

No comments: