Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Little TV Watchers...

So I kind of hate to admit this but my kids are TV Watchers. The minute they get up in the morning they are begging for the TV to be turned on and if I don't they get the remote control and turn it on themselves. Right now they are loving Little Einsteins. Every morning Preston sits in front of the TV and says PAT PAT, because that is what they say to get Rocket to take off. I have really tried hard up to this point to try not to let them watch too much TV, every now and then I would turn on Baby Einsteins for them to try and get something done, but now they are hooked. I try to justify with excuses like its educational(maybe?), its TOO HOT outside to do anything out there, but some part of me kind of likes it too because I can get a chance to do my own thing for a little while the TV entertains them. I am hoping that it is just a phase and they will get bored with it. Who knows. If any of you have ideas (other than the swimming pool) of things to do to get out of the house but also stay out of the heat, please let me know. Also I would prefer free or somewhat cheap as we all know money does not grow on trees. I say no to the swimming pool as well since they are both very inexperienced with it and it gives me anxiety to go there by myself. Anyway I know my rambling is getting long and boring. I just wanted to share this picture of the boys. Again watching TV. But we just though it was so cute we had to take the picture. Gary and I were trying to enjoy our own movie downstairs so Boston and Preston were upstairs watching their movie. It was a little quiet, so we went to check on them and this is what we found.

They had laid here together on the pillow and were watching the movie together. It is so cute to see them with each other and how much they love to be near the other one.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

So cute!!! Teagen loves Little Einsteins too! He also likes to watch t.v. but would much rather be outside playing, if I could only find some shade to sit in. I was thinking of making him a Little Einsteins birthday cake, and I saw a really cute rocket that comes with all the little kids that he would probably love. I don't really have any suggestions for things to do....how about move to utah. We're going to story time at the library today and then to thanksgivingpoint to play on this thing called noah's ark....it's a big sprinkler thing. Now I just have to talk Teagen into putting on his swimsuit(he hates the liner in it).

tiffunny said...

Such a cute pic of the boys together on that pillow! I love it! As for ideas - it's really hard to think of things during the summer - because everything i think of seems to entail going outside in some sort of way (or $). My kids beg to go swim all the time too, but I don't want to even try handling the 2 younger ones all by myself either. I was thinking of maybe going and feeding the ducks today after Mally's morning nap - see that's still outside but at least its pretty shady and it doesn't take very long before you're sick of stepping in duck poop or having the ducks and geese chasing you all over. I bet I made that sound really appetizing now didn't I. Then we might hit the library (but not real sure how your boys would like that yet - but they do have a little table area with puzzles and board books and stuff that they would probably like. Whatever you do though, don't feel guilty about them watching tv. It's not like you're planting them there for the entire day. Moms need little breaks to get stuff done and to just have a breather sometimes - so you take it when you can get it. Mally isn't into tv too much yet - she's my "least" tv watcher. she'll watch the last half hour of sesame street each morning and that's about all she has the attention for - unless we're traveling in the car and then her ability to watch movie upon movie is incredible! Playdates are another good idea cause then at least your kids get a change in environment every once in awhile. But just remember, you're doing a great job and I bet your boys aren't as bored as you think they are - and at least they have each other.

tiffunny said...

Wow - sorry for the really long post!

PS - I'm jealous your boys can just hang around in their diapers like that. Mine is constantly taking hers off and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!! Any ideas on how to keep it on?

tiffunny said...

PPS - If you want to come with us to feed ducks today, you're more than welcome. I have plenty of bread!

tiffunny said...

Yeah there weren't too many ducks today anyways - but hundreds of pigeons were hanging around. The kids had fun anyways feeding the few that were there and we were done in 10 minutes. Then we went to the library where they gave me a schedule of the story times. I've never been to one, but here's what is left for June:
June 28 - Year Round Storytime - all ages at 11 am
June 30 - Toddler Storytime - Red, White, Blue & You (age 0-3) at 10am
(this is for the Sahara West library)

Laurie said...

I love it!!! They look tan too but of course that would be the case where you live. Enjoy the quiet times and don't fret about the tv. As long as they get some active time during the day, I say let them enjoy it plus that isn't mindless cartoons they are watching. Baby Einstein saved me and then when Little Einsteins started they loved that too. Just enjoy the moment!!!

Brooke said...

O my word....that is too funny. I thought something was weird when you said you read eclipse(the third book) and it didn't make any sense...I was thinking oh she just got the title wrong. But then I thought it's really not that confusing. I was about to just call you and see if I could make things more clear. Then you said you were looking forward to the third book because I was saying how much I loved it, but really it is New Moon I didn't really like. Wow...crazy. I was laughing so hard. Just can't believe it. I guess now you have to read New Moon and go from there, maybe you'll remember everything you read in the third one so you won't have to reread it. And maybe you might like that third one better...I just loved it. Well that was so funny, good luck with the second one!!!