Friday, June 13, 2008

Too Tired to Eat

So last night we were out late and the boys did not go to sleep until about 10:30 so this morning they didn't wake up until about 8:30. I knew that they would not be taking their usual morning nap at 10:00 but also knew Gary would be tired when he got home from work and would want a nap with the boys (Gary gets up at 4:00 am, I would need a nap too if I got up that early) so I tried to keep them up until Gary got home. They did pretty good. There was no grumpiness or anything. Well I put them in their high chairs to eat lunch and then got a phone call from my sister. When I turned around to check on them this is what I found.
Two sleeping boys. Not sure what Gary is going to do now as far as naps this afternoon since it was 1:00 when they took this nap and they won't be taking another afternoon nap. I have to go to work so he will have to figure something out. Good Luck to him. Hopefully I come home with my house still in one piece and not torn apart while Gary falls asleep when he should be watching the boys.

3 comments:

tiffunny said...

This didn't happen very often to me, but when it does, it's kind of precious for some reason. Part of me felt guilty that they had gotten so tired that they fell asleep in their chairs, but the other part of me was glad I could have a picture of it. And how doubly cute for you that both of them did it at the same time. Your boys are so cute!!

Susanna said...

I just wanted to tell you how cute this is! I love it when they get all tuckered out, they look so sweet. I think that kids are the most precious when they are sleeping, it makes me forget about all the naughty things they do when they are awake. I love all your old pictures that you've posted too, its always fun to take a trip down memory lane.

Laurie said...

I love that! I remember those days with the boys...as hard as we try, they will find a way to get their sleep!