Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!!

So I know this is late. What is new. Anyway we had a really good Christmas this year. We headed to my parents house for Christmas. Boston and Preston were having so much fun this year. They learned who Santa was and loved watching movies or reading books about him. But even though they loved the idea of Santa I thought for sure that neither of them would go anywhere near Santa. Every time we would look at blogs and people had their kids on Santa's lap I would ask if they would sit on Santa's lap and just about every time they would say no. Every year Santa comes around to all the houses in my parents town. Someone had seen Santa down the street so me, Boston and Preston and Rylee (their cousin) were watching for Santa out the front window. He pulled in across the street and was waving. Well that set Preston off. He went crazy, crying and shaking and trying to get into the other room. Boston seemed okay though. So in comes Santa. Preston of course was nowhere to be found and Rylee had gone off hiding also. So we asked Boston if he wanted to sit on Santa's lap and to my surprise he walked right up and got on. He was mesmerized by him. He just kept looking at him and patting his beard and then when Santa was leaving he gave him a big hug. It was so cute. I thought for sure he would be crying, especially after seeing Prestons reaction but he didn't. Here is a picture of Boston on Santa's lap.

Here is the only picture of Preston with Santa. Then he was missing in action. You can't really tell but he is holding on for dear life.

Here are a few other pictures from our Christmas. I was so mad though. Our camera ran out of batteries and I couldn't get anymore so we have no pictures from Christmas morning. Preston and Rylee.

Great-grandma McIntyre (my grandma), Preston and Rylee.

Boston and Rylee.

Boston, Rylee and Preston watching the Polar Express.

We had a great Christmas. Boston and Preston got a new truck, some cars, some clothes, a few movies, and a couple guitars from Santa and mom and dad. They got some really cool motorcycles from grandma and grandpa. Thanks for the good Christmas mom and dad. We had a great week. It was so fun to just relax and spend time with our family. We missed having my sister Kara and her family but hope we can see them soon. I also want to say I am so thankful for the real meaning of Christmas. I am so thankful for the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so aware of all the blessings that I have in my life and know that they are all made possible by the Savior and our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful to have the gospel in my life.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

It looks like you guys had a good Christmas too. I was hoping that we would get to see you and your boys while we were home. I had visions of everyone showing up at the old sledding hill after Christmas, but it never worked out. I loved looking at all your new pictures, thanks for sharing!

tiffunny said...

How cute that Santa visits every house. Is that up by Nephi (the small town that starts with an L that i can never rememeber)? Glad you guys had a great holiday.