Friday, September 26, 2008

New House

Well it is official. We are so excited. We signed the papers on our new house today so it is ours. We are so happy to get into a bigger house. It is amazing how quickly you grow out of a house. When Gary and I first bought the house we have been in since we got to Vegas I thought we could be here forever. Well add 6 years and 2 kids into the mix and your house fills up pretty quickly. Our new house has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Right now this is a couple rooms too many but I am sure it won't take us long to fill up any extra space there is. But I am hoping that this is the last time we have to move in like the next 20 years. I hate moving. It is just way too much work. I don't know how people can do it every couple of years. So tomorrow is the big day. I am happy and sad. Happy about getting a brand new house but sad to move away from friends. Even though we are still in Las Vegas we are going to be about 20 miles away from where we are now. I am also really going to miss our ward. This is the only ward we have been in since we came. There have been a few changes over the years with splits but basically alot of the same people. I have loved this ward and the people there have been like family. That is a very nice thing about the wards here. You are each others family since not too many people are actually from here it seems. This ward has supported Gary and I through many happy and sad times. I am really hoping that we get into just as good of a ward. Anyway I just wanted to share a few pictures. They don't have the best lighting because it was getting dark and we just have the cheap lights that the builder puts in right now.
Here is the front of the house.

The front entry and stairs.

The formal living room and dining room.

The kitchen.

The family room.

Boston and Preston's room. The one big thing about buying this house was this bedroom. You can't tell in the picture but it is huge. Since B and P will probably be sharing a room for the next few years we needed a good space for them.

The master bedroom.

Part of the master bathroom.

Well I need to get back to work on packing. I can't believe how much I still have to do. We have some movers coming to help and they are going to be here at 7:00 am.
I also wanted to add this picture of my "good" helpers. Every box I get out they have to climb into. I just thought this was a cute one of them together. I turned my back for just a minute and turned around and they were both just sitting in this tub.

9 comments:

Susanna said...

Wow, your new house looks awesome. I'm so jealous!

Kaymee said...

THe house looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it at Bunko :)

Winters Family said...

Wow Kell!!!!!!

So beautiful! I love the kitchen! YOu enjoy your house and think about how we have no house and live with mom and dad and feel sorry for us! Just kidding but I am excited for you!

Erin

Crystal said...

it looks so beautiful! and i bet you can't wait to get all that space for the boys to run around. i am jealous. i look at those pics and now my house looks small. i can't wait to see it live and in person! congrats!

Brooke said...

The house looks so nice, can't wait to come and visit. I don't how you do it(pack and move) with 2 little guys, sounds rough. Congrats on the new house!

Laurie said...

Yea! It happened. Can't wait to see it in person. Looks big and roomy and lots of fun to decorate! :) Enjoy and I'll wait to hear from you guys as I'm sure the next couple weeks will be very busy for you guys so I won't call to pester...

tiffunny said...

Yeah - so glad you guys were able to pull it off. I ran into Gary at the grocery store that morning - he looked tired. I hate moving & packing. We always stay put for a minimum of 5 years at a time - but preferrably a whole lot longer.

Your new house looks great! I'm so happy you guys could move into a bigger home but I'm so going to miss you guys at church & workouts, etc.

The Kolste Family said...

I love your house! Hope you are getting settled in. It always takes me forever to be completely unpacked after a move! Hopefully one day we will get down there to visit!

Annie said...

I am so happy for you guys the house looks awesome. Maybe when we come down south we can come by and take a peek. I'm sure your next ward will be great, I know we were sure welcomed into ours.